One of the great new features that Apple introduced with iOS 12 came in the form of a standalone application. Its name is Shortcuts and it is designed to make life easier for us . We can create shortcuts for almost anything, such as downloading Instagram stories from any user, and it’s completely free to download if you know where to look.
We have already shown you several tutorials to create incredible shortcuts and today we bring you a new one that will allow you to download the stories from Instagram , either videos or photos, from any user we have added or public.
Instagram stories are almost more popular than the photo publications themselves , thanks to this shortcut you can easily download them to your iPhone or iPad without having to resort to an app, simply by tapping on the shortcut. The first thing you have to do is download, if you haven’t already, the Shortcuts app on your iOS device.
Once we have the application installed we must download the SMD shortcut 3.5.8 from this link. It’s very simple, just click on the blue box below that says Get shortcut .
Now we will have to configure it, do not worry that it is very simple, follow these steps:
- The first thing it asks us is if we want to automatically save Instagram stories in the Photos app, usually we do, so we type a 0 and click on Continue.
- The next step is the configuration of the language, we introduce 0000 so that the shortcut is in Spanish.
The shortcut is already perfectly configured and this is how we can download Instagram stories :
- Click on the shortcut icon inside the app in the Library.
- It asks us for the name of the user who uploaded the story to Instagram that we want to download.
- If the user has a protected account, we can only download their stories if we are their followers, for this we must put our username and password.
- If the user is public we can continue without further steps.
- Now the shortcut asks us if we want to download all the stories from that user, only the ones we select, the first or the last one.
- Once the story is selected, either a photo or a video, it will be saved in the Photos app.
Now all we have to do is go to the Photos app and check that the stories we downloaded have been saved. In just a few seconds we can download any Instagram story unless it’s from a user we don’t follow.