Apple has just released the update to iOS 12.1.1 for iPhone and iPad with some interesting improvements. Despite being a minor update, major improvements such as eSIM support come to the iPhone XS and XR.
Just a few weeks ago Apple released the third beta of iOS 12.1.1 and part that everything is in order since the final version has just been released. To update just go to Settings> General> Software Update or connect your device to iTunes.
New and Improved iOS 12.1.1
As this is a small update it is focused on fixing some problems and bugs that were in iOS 12.1 . In addition to this, users of an iPhone XS or XR will be able to make use of the eSIM and thus have two cards in their devices.
This is the complete list of fixed bugs and new features in iOS 12.1.1:
- Preview in haptic touch notifications on iPhone XR.
- Dual SIM with eSIM for iPhone XR, iPhone XS, and iPhone XS Max.
- With one touch you can switch between front and back camera during a FaceTime call.
- Option to capture a Live Photo during FaceTime calls.
- Improves the FaceTime interface.
- ECG support if you have watchOS 5.1.2 in the Apple Watch Series 4.
- Option to hide the sidebar in News on the iPad in the landscape position.
- VoiceOver dictation stability improvements.
- Fixes a Face ID problem that appeared to be temporarily unavailable.
- Solves a problem with visual voicemail.
- Fixes a problem in messages that could prevent predictive text suggestions when typing on Chinese or Japanese keyboards.
- Fixes a problem that could prevent voice memo recordings from being uploaded to iCloud.
- Corrects a problem with automatic time change depending on the time zone.
iOS-compatible devices 12.1.1
Here is the list of devices that will be able to download and install iOS 12.1.1:
- iPhone 5S
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- iPhone XR
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XS Max
- iPad Mini 2
- iPad Mini 3
- iPad Mini 4
- iPad 5
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad Pro from 9.7″
- 12.9″ iPad Pro (1st generation)
- iPad Pro from 10.5″
- 12.9″ iPad Pro (2nd generation)
- iPad (2018)
- iPad Pro from 11″
- 12.9″ iPad Pro (3rd generation)
- iPod touch (6th generation)